Newspaper Blog Style Website Design Using Divi
This project was for our very own website. After launching a very successful blog at http://quiroz.co/blog/ we knew the benefits and power of having a great blog. The Quiroz.co blog primarily featured WordPress web design tutorials using the powerful Divi Framework.
So our initial idea was to move that blog over to Monterey Premier so that we can bring that traffic over to our new site. But after consulting with a local SEO specialist out of the UK, we opted to target an entirely different user base.
Because our new website strategically targeted the Monterey Bay community, we thought the blog should also target that community. So we opted for a community blog everyone could enjoy and the central theme of our blog resulted in “Fun Things To Do In Monterey”.
Features & Benefits
These were some of the benefits of this new strategy
- Feature local businesses and organizations and make some new friends
- Attract local residents and visitors to the website with useful content
- Feature prominent ads for our own web design business
- Increase returning traffic to the main domain name to improve our Google rankings
- Stretch the limits of the Divi Framework in a way that had not been done before.
These are some of the features of this section of our website
- Featured Article Slider on the Homepage featuring the most recent articles
- Featured event slider in the sidebar featuring most recent upcoming events
- Integration of “The Events Calendar” plug-in by Modern Tribe
- Divided categories on the front page using standard Divi Blog modules
- Monarch Social Sharing Plug-in
- Built right into the Monterey Premier website so that all traffic benefits the Main websites search ranking.
- Also featuring articles by the amazing Freelance Lifestyle Writer: Dana Damato